Most everyone knows this passage. Most know it was said by Jesus. Many know that Jesus embodies the truth. Some invest everything in trying to obey and follow Him.
Bear with me. Here is another take. One I think is just as faithful. If the words Jesus (or God) utters are the truth, do we listen to the GOOD truth about ourselves?
- · You are more than a product of all that has happened to you. There is New Life.
- · Not everything is your fault and you are forgiven for that which is. God allows do-overs.
- · You are beautiful and just what God thought the world needs.
- · You are not anyone else's project (or object)
- · You are awesomely gifted. Do sweat what you don't have. You are not accountable for that. Test drive what you do have.
- · Your value does not lie in your beauty, popularity, political leanings, youth, wealth, ability, or productivity. You just plain have value.