Sunday, March 20, 2011

All Hell Breaks Loose


Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you

and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Rejoice and be glad,

because great is your reward in heaven,

for in the same way they

persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:11-12

 

Are you in trouble? Not because you screwed up big time. No, because you follow Him.

 

When was the last time the boss, coach, teacher, child, director, friend, neighbor, parent, even stranger let you have it with both barrels specifically because you said, "Can't, cause I follow Him?" Or "Must, because I follow Him?"

 

When have they accused you of having your priorities all screwed up because you follow Him? And tried to coerce or manipulate you into changing your mind?

 

When have you lost status, prestige, money, or reputation because you follow Him?

 

   "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

   "'a man against his father,
   a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
   a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

                                                      Matthew 10:34-35

 

Pray all Hell breaks loose because I follow Him. I'll pray for if you'd like.



No comments:

Post a Comment