Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thoughts

Thoughts from three prominent Protestant pastors. What do you think?

Craig Groeschel on "Christian Atheists":

I believe in God but I want to do whatever the heck I want to do. I want enough of God to keep me out of hell and enough of God to get me into heaven but I don't want so much of God that it makes me change my lifestyle because at its root I believe in God but I do not fear Him.

 

Rick Warren on Saddleback's future:

If you passively just want to sit around in the next 10 years and just waste your life on things that won't last, you probably want to find another church because you're not going to really feel comfortable here. Because if you're in this church, I'm coming after you to be mobilized.

 

Bill Hybels on Willow's discipleship mistake:

We made a mistake. What we should have done when people crossed the line of faith and become Christians, we should have started telling people and teaching people that they have to take responsibility to become 'self feeders.' We should have gotten people, taught people, how to read their bible between services, how to do the spiritual practices much more aggressively on their own.

Quoted from MondayMorningInsights.com

1 comment:

  1. I vote Rick Warren..
    But then I feel guilty for sitting around.

    ReplyDelete