Monday, June 28, 2010

Surrender

He who created us without our help will not save us without our consent.

Saint Augustine

 

Have you surrendered today? Surrendered from running your own life? I almost always think I can do a better job than God because I'm so close to me. Foolish. God made me. Jesus makes it clear that those who want to run the "show" may do so. But do so at their own peril.

 

God never forces us to do anything. God encourages life in us. He authored our life and he wants to care for it. But he won't do it without us.

 

I often ask people who say they just cannot trust God (meaning they must make changes and don't want to.) I usually ask, "How are you doing (taking over God's job?")

 

Ask yourself today, "How am I doing?" "Am I running the show? " How's that going?" "What will I not let go of?" "What not?" "What am I afraid of?"  

 

If you are letting God run things, I suspect you are a little nervous but a whole lot better off. Good for you. God is good and loves you more than you know. You're safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment