Sunday, December 12, 2010

Free Turn

Each Sunday, I get to church before 5:30 am. As a result, the road is pretty empty. I play a game with myself counting the cars (I have gotten as low as 1) that I pass and priding myself of making one less turn because I go straight out to Pearland Parkway. Since I do not have to fight oncoming traffic, I can take a more direct route. One less turn! Or so I thought.

Today, I counted them up. Same number of turns! What is it about humans that make us think things are definitely one way when, in fact, they are another way? We are so certain.

God tells us that his ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8.) If I am to know the life of abundance, it will not come by seeking my own crafty shortcuts. It will come by seeking God.

How will you seek God today?

 6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
   call on him while he is near.
7
Let the wicked forsake their ways
   and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them,
   and to our God, for he will freely pardon.  Isaiah 5:6-7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment