Monday, February 18, 2013

Footprints




I noticed a shimmering along my windshield while I waited in line at Starbucks. I tried to see what was causing it, assuming something in the parking lot was reflecting sunlight. I was wrong. The shimmer came from inside my car.

Evidently, a spider shares my transportation space and had left a web of sorts on the back side of my windshield. I have never seen the spider and, maybe, the spider had never seen me. All I saw was what the spider left behind.

Vocal Christians in the news often cause me embarrassment. They are too often harsh and judgmental. Silent saints are seldom noticed except if the news needs a “feel good” piece to close out the broadcast.

But Christians are called to leave lasting, loving, life-giving footprints much more than they are called to pontificate.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT)

What fruit are you leaving behind? It’s a hungry world and it is not looking for talk. It is looking for life. Embrace Christ today and leave behind this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment