A craving seized them in the wilderness, and they put God to the test in the desert. God gave them what they asked, but sent leanness into their soul. Psalm 106:14-15
The Psalm above refers to the Israelites wandering in the wilderness found in the Book of Exodus in the Bible. The people were bitching and moaning about the fact that they expected better room service since they listened to God and left everything behind in order to seek the life God had in store for them. A better life. Remember, the life they left was predictable but, THEY WERE SLAVES!
This story is everyone’s story. God calls us all out of our comfortable (but small by God’s standards) lives into an adventure that leads to a satisfying life regardless of the circumstances. A life you just can’t kill.
Here are some things to ponder today, this week.
- · Are you on the adventure or resisting it out of fear?
- · Do you have your eyes set on where you are headed?
- Or only on today?
- · Do you know where you are headed?
- · Is complaining your default mode or is thanksgiving?
- Even if you aren’t “there” yet?
- · Is there a leanness in your soul?