Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Invisible

I saw you. You had a sign. It read, “Help me.” You weren’t scary. Maybe 25-30 years old. Male. You had a certain peace (or was it resignation) about you.

I was in a hurry to catch a plane. You understand. I was in the turn lane near you. You walked by. I stared straight ahead. (I did wonder what you were thinking as you walked by and saw I would not look at you.) Green light. I’m off. I wished you well.

Jesus, please forgive me for ignoring you on that street corner. Help me not do that again, for I will meet you again on a street corner. I’m sorry. Help me reinforce my puny repentance.

Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.
Matthew 25:45 (NIV)

If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? James 2:16 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment