Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ask the Way

It is better to ask the way 10 times than to take the wrong path once - Jewish Proverb

 

In the age of video games, this proverb might be rendered…

 

It is better to take the wrong path 10 times than to ask the way once.

 

Our culture has become, over my lifespan, one of extreme independence. Most of us figure that we, alone, can keep after it, just like video game playing, until we prevail. I don't see a lot of prevailing out there but I do see a lot of tiredness.

 

God created us to be interdependent. Interdependent means that I need you in order to navigate life just as you need me. He calls us a Body. But we hate needing each other. The heart may be a powerful organ but, if I hack it out, will not survive long alone. We may exist as loners, doing our own thing, but we thrive once we see we need each other.

 

May you seek interdependence today

May you be bold enough too see you are incomplete today

May you seek completeness with others today

 

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment