Thursday, February 25, 2010

Glory

"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." Proverbs 19:11 (NIV)

 

I am not particularly patient, especially when repeating over and over again what I have already said. This Proverbs passage sheds some new light on my (im)patience.

 

o        Wise people are patient (so the impatient are fools. Darn!)

o        Seeking wisdom makes one more patient

o        Overlooking offense both takes wisdom and infuses wisdom in one

o        Glory is "weight/bearing" and can only come from tapping into God

 

Lord, Today let me plug into you as Alpha and Omega. Let me be content to be in the in between times. Let my interactions with others be ones of kairos (the fullness of time, the right time, the pregnant moment.)   Let me be "in" the world of chronos (the press of time, time marches on) but not "of" it. Let me be of you. Let me be wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment