Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memories

What did you do today that will be remembered in years to come? Did you do anything memorable? I am not sure I did. I had one done to me, however. One big old "WOW!"

It punctuated my day and reconfigured the entire day's trajectory.

 

Here's what I now am wondering. Why can't we, as Christ followers, add, even in a small way, to the sum total of at least one person's day – Everyday? What if we doled out 365 "WOW's" a year? Jesus left each life he touched better off for the encounter (unless they resisted.) Can't I set a goal of just one such encounter a day?

 

If I start each day with the thought, "whose day will I make and how might I do it" on my mind, not only will I be a faithful servant and good steward of my gifts. I will set my face towards Christ as well. Not a bad direction.

 

Make a memory for someone today.

 

On my bed I remember you; 

I think of you through the watches of the night. Psalm 63:6


I will remember the deeds of the LORD;  

yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. Psalm 77:11           

 

The LORD remembers us and will bless us:
He will bless his people Israel, he will bless the house of Aaron,
Psalm 115:12

 







No comments:

Post a Comment