Monday, January 30, 2012

Exceptions

My daughter has moved to China. I have assumed running her life here in the U.S. till she returns. This means that I have to do a lot of explaining and fixing and such with all her financial and legal dealings.  I have power of attorney but that does not work well with people I must talk with on the phone. All these are very professional if not a bit sterile, lacking any discernible feelings.

Sometimes I hit the "wall." By wall, I mean that I can proceed no further without actually being my daughter (I have not figured out that one yet.)  I cannot prove my worth as a stand-in without actually having my daughter with me to vouch for me. Bureaucratic logic I guess. "No exceptions, Mr. Liberatore."
I am glad I worship a God who makes exceptions for me. Christ looks at me from the Cross and says, "Whatever the price, I'll vouch for him." Thank you, Jesus.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us,
so that in him we might become the righteousness of God
2 Corinthians 5:21

Today, let's cut someone for whom Christ died some slack. After all, He made an exception for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment