Monday, January 16, 2012

When will you have Enough?

What constitutes "enough" for you?  Enough money? Enough status? Enough busyness (busy people are important, right?)Enough stuff?  Is someone gaining on you? To put it another way, "When can we stop The Pursuit?" What price will I pay to acquire MORE? What will it take to fill that hole?

When was the last time you spent with someone whose questions did not orbit around "more" but were a constellation of "How will I survive?" I had the honor of being with 3 such children of God this past week. It made me think, I could not escape it with the usual buzz of the pursuit of more.

I have more than enough. God speaks through that encouraging generosity.

What constitutes "enough" for you? Strike up a relationship with someone who asks, "Will I survive? Just what WILL fill that hole? I bet God will. Just ask. But first make some room and unload some clutter. Maybe you have enough already.

Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me. Psalm 40:11

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. Psalm 63:3

Answer me, LORD, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. Psalm 69:16

No comments:

Post a Comment