Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Easy


I noticed these on the pharmacy counter while on vacation. Every puzzle was made "easy." I wondered who would spend good money on puzzles anyone could solve and solve quickly. While there are a myriad of tastes, I suspect we want to feel good about ourselves by "conquering" puzzles. Why not make it total? Quite honestly, I prefer the Sunday New York Times Puzzle, which I NEVER finish. I like the mental exercise, the battle. And I learn.

Jesus said that we were not going to wring out much life from taking the easy route. Do you believe him? Enough to seek challenges and risks?

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment