Monday, July 30, 2012

The Echo

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely
more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to him from
generation to generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus
for ever and ever.     Amen.     Ephesians 3:20,21
\

To those of the Episcopal persuasion, you might remember this passage from the end of Morning Prayer. It is in my top Ten Scripture Passages (I'll publish those soon.) I love it. I depend on it.

Here God picks up echoes of Genesis and the Gospels. In fact echoes of the whole of scripture. The echo goes something like this.

"I, God, create something out of nothing. I take dead things and bring forth life. The subject of my love is you. I dare you to imagine and create along with me. You may be too puny but I will cover what you are missing. Deal?"

Are you lacking imagination of beautiful things because you are too tired or puny? Are you setting your sights too low today because you think you are alone? Dare to imagine what God specifically yearns for in your world. Create something beautiful. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment