Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fixin’

If you are from Texas, you know how to conjugate "fixin.'"  It means, I'm about to" or "I'm getting ready to." Using the term "fixin'" implies that whatever I am getting ready to do, I will carry out.
Too often, my relationship with God is one of an unfinished "fixin'." In reality, my promises to God often are couched in
"Once I..., then I will…."
Or worse,
"Once you (God)…, then I …."
Jesus asks us to follow him. I think he means NOW. The day things are perfect for a follow are an illusion and waiting for that day is a guarantee that we will never follow. The Gospel writer, Mark, underscores this urgency in his prolific use of the words "Immediately" and "And."
Are you fixin' to follow Jesus today or are you following? The answer makes all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment