Monday, August 27, 2012

Grace


I was mad. So mad, in fact, that I decided to make a list of the things that suck the life out of me. Maybe with a list I could begin to eradicate bad behavior once and for all, one step at a time. Here is my preliminary list. I figured I'd think of some better ones for my Top Ten if I gave it some time, so this was just the ones "off the top of my head."

Top 10 Things That Suck the Life Out of Me

Bad news via email or voice mail and not in person
Coming to a meeting unprepared, expecting others to do the work
Laziness
Unwillingness to listen and talk
Uninformed opinions
Badly prepared food
Phoniness or self-righteousness
20 items in the 15 item checkout lane
Fixing toilets
Assuming I agree just because I don't want to argue

Jesus says "pray for your enemies" so I figured I'd offer these up to prayer. Maybe I'd evoke a lightning strike or something (maybe not for the toilets.)

Know what? Jesus got me. I saw that I, too, do these things (again, except for the toilets.)
Grace is when we get good stuff what we don't deserve it. God is loaded with it and spreads it around pretty think. I get grace (and encouragement to change) when I deserve a brick.

I need to practice grace and give thanks it is practiced on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment