Sunday, January 6, 2013

Identity


Classmates (http://www.classmates.com) sent me an email yesterday informing me that I could “Be Part of the In-Crowd” if I checked in with old high school chums. I didn’t.

It is not that I dislike them. I barely remember most. I do remember that I was certainly not part of the in crowd then and I spent much of my life coming to terms with the fact that I was never going to be part of the “popular” group and that it did not matter.

I see too many adults who are still in high school, trying to fit in and be accepted. I did that, too.

If we let our environment be the source of our self-worth and happiness, we will be chronically disappointed if not a big ol’ mess.

Today, either be thankful you have moved on, help someone else move on or move on yourself. No matter which, thank God that your identity was formed in Christ. You are precious beyond imagination just because you are. You were God’s idea. Good stuff.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well. Psalm 139:14 (NIV)

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith Galatians 3:26 (NIV)

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.  
Romans 8:1 (NLT)

So God created human beings in his own image.
    In the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!
Genesis 1:27,31 (NLT)

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3 (NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment