Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blah




Lilly Pulitzer died yesterday. I remember her wild pastel prints from my childhood. They were the exact opposite of camouflage. Hey, I see you coming! She was a socialite who was depressed and needed to break out of letting others define her life. Out of necessity (juice stains on clothing,) she launched a successful line of wild prints for fabric, especially sportswear. She had fun.

I know nothing else about Ms. Pulitzer except that her prints, while bold if not weird, exuded energy and, maybe, a gentle stuck-out-tongue at convention. She enjoyed life’s ride once she stopped doing what she was told.



What awaits you if you would channel who God made when God made you? Would you escape the blahs? Would the peaks in your life get higher? Would it be impossible for you not to shed life everywhere you went to everyone you met? Would you be a life source?

Consider the value of becoming uppity enough to listen to God’s whisper. It drowns out a lot of unhealthy social convention.

YOU are just what God wanted. Don’t let anyone else, any past situation, or anything else define you. I’ll get my sunglasses.


Before I formed you in the womb I knew you              Jeremiah 1:5a (NIV)


I came to give life—life in all its fullness           John 10:10 (NCV)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment