Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From You

From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. – Ephesians 4:16 (NIV)

 

I like words. I have word/language books I read. Words jump out as I read this scriptural quotation. Whole. Joined. Grows. Builds. Each.

 

Am I part of a Whole or a rugged individual? Power and life slip away for those who go it alone. Alone, even in the midst of others.

 

Am I Joined to others? Others from whom I differ? Others who I don't even know or like? Others who have grown so familiar that I take them for granted?

 

Am I Growing? Just growing older? Or Wiser? Can I take the challenge and pain of growth?

 

Am I letting Christ Build what he wants in a Church and in me? Or have I become the advisor to the Builder? Do I even have a clue as to what he is building or wants?

 

Am I letting Each other person in my life know what she or he is good at and letting him or her do that? Will I let them off the hook if they are not gifted and called? Can I share - credit and blame?

 

Lord, let me and my community be from you and you only.

No comments:

Post a Comment