Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unity

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28 (NIV)

 

In my previous blog, I wrote on divisiveness in the community. Paul, writing in Galatians, points out what unifies a variety of people. Christ is the unifier. We are divisive (not unified) because we focus on something or someone other than Jesus. When we focus on Jesus, we focus on the one thing we have in common, the lordship of Christ in our life. We who follow Christ are not following a Lord who confounds people by sending each on a different path. Christ is The Way (note that this is not plural.)

 

When I am at my most contrary (my mom would call me this,) I am focusing on me. A room full of "me's!" is a room full of trouble. If I take care of Christ's work, Christ promises to take care of me. Do we trust him to do that?

 

Jesus, be the Lord of my activities and thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment