Monday, December 7, 2009

Ideal Christmas

Author, educator, and environmentalist Bill McKibben  said, "There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, and traditions."

 

We are busy with Christmas here in the middle of Advent season. Is what you are doing a reflections of your true values? This time of year, I hear from many who are tired, feel coerced, and are overscheduled. My bet is that Christ would not want us to mark his birthday this way. Maybe even skip it if this was the fruit.

 

I want to communicate thankfulness and love this time of year. I am so blessed, not with everything I want (because I don't need it all and it will come to possess me if I am not careful,) but with a good enough way my express myself and make a living, the freedom to move around, fairly good health, a few good friends who I can count on no matter what, and a family that loves me.

 

What I do this season, I want to reflect the bounty I have in the last statement. What is your statement out of which will come your ideal Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment