Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Right Questions


Marc Kramer, the President of Kramer Communications and an instructor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and the National University of Singapore, wrote recently on Forbes.com (Forbes.com article) a blog on The 10 Questions You Should Never Stop Asking.
Beware if you cannot answer these, do not ask these or stop asking these.

The questions were...


  1. What is our purpose of existing?
  2. Who is our target customer?
  3. Why does anyone need what we're selling?
  4. If there is a need, is it enough to support a profitable business?
  5. What are our competitors up to?
  6. Can you reduce expenses — without harming the product?
  7. Do we have the right leadership?
  8. Do we have the right employees?
  9. How will we continue to drive revenue?
  10. How are your employees holding up?

What if we applied these to church or even to our own life as a follower of Christ?


  1. What is My/My Church's purpose of existing?
  2. Who are the specific people I/we hope to offer abundant life? ("everybody" = "nobody?")
  3. Why does anyone need what I/we are doing? Does anybody really care? Has it lost its importance/ Is its "season over?
  4. If there is a need, is it my/our calling and my/our best stewardship response?
  5. What are My/our peers doing?
  6. Is "more money/fresh blood" really the answer?
  7. Who is called and equipped to lead this specifically? (i.e, who is NOT?)
  8. Have I/we surrounded ourselves with the best team (or any team for that matter)? Who (what gifts) are missing? What gifts/people are not needed?
  9. How will I/we measure success/faithfulness?
  10. How are those around me/those in ministry holding up?

Beware if we cannot answer these, do not ask these or stop asking these.

No comments:

Post a Comment