Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dreams

"I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living."  Steven Spielberg

 

Do you dream all day? As a youth, this got me into trouble. As an adult, it is a lifeline. Dreamers expect more. Jesus expected a Kingdom to explode into our lives. Christian dreamers are not asleep; they are acutely awake to what God is up to.

 

"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Joel 2:28 (The Day of the Lord)

 

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18 KJV

 

Dreams give hope. The Revelation of John – don't get bogged down in the middle – is such an example. Listen…

 

Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:1-4

 

Do you see it? Value your dreams. Encourage your dreams. Give voice to your dreams. Expect more. Expect God.

No comments:

Post a Comment