Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wisdom

If I had it all to do over again, I would talk less and listen more. When I was younger, I had all the answers. Often, I was bluffing. I only had opinions and uniformed ones at that.

Wisdom comes from listening. Listening to those who listened. Those who are wise. Wise people can be known by the luscious fruit their lives bear, regardless of the season. The lives of fools are empty. Wisdom, ultimately, comes from God.

Will you be listening to those who are wise today?           

whoever listens to (wisdom) will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm Proverbs 1:33
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Proverbs 4:6

The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice. Proverbs 12:15

Wisdom reposes in the heart of the discerning and even among fools she lets herself be known. Proverbs 14:33

To answer before listening— that is folly and shame. Proverbs 18:13

No comments:

Post a Comment