Saturday, May 26, 2012

Inspired

What or who inspires you? Are you inspired at all? I love stories about people who were told "Can't" and did it anyway. Single parents inspire me. Young soldiers, Marines and sailors inspire me. Those in recovery inspire me. Those who adopt children inspire me. Andy, Ben, Bill, Rick, Alfred, Claude, Mike, Flossie and others have inspired me. Sadly, most that represent me in government (either side of the aisle) do the opposite. They suck the life out of me. Most movies and commercials dis-inspire me. Whining is a breath stealer as well.

To inspire is to fill with animation, to influence or to arouse. The word comes from Latin: to breathe into. It has the same root as the word spirit, as in Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit of God, which is alive in us today, is what God breathes into us to fill us with power and hope.

God wants to inspire you, to breathe life into you today. The Spirit is saying, "Give me a chance." Make room. 

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
2 Timothy 3:16 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment