Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thanks


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 136:1 (KJV)

My mother made me write thank you cards (real ones, not the token "thank you") before I could use my gifts. "Thank you" was a family value because my parents knew how much life depended upon the kindess and generosity of others.

I hear today of a people who are not so much thankful as they are entitled. Entitled, by right, to darn near everything. "You owe me." Young and old have bought into this.

Here is a challenge. Don't skip this or put it off. It will change your life. Honest.

Write down 100 things for which you are thankful. You will get bogged down after about 50 or so. It will not be easy. Press on. Become a thankful person.

Tell me how you did.

Here's a start.

I am thankful for
            1.       God

No comments:

Post a Comment