Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Marriage

Today, I will have been married to Christine for 42 years. We have been together for 44 years, since we were teenagers.  I look at her and she is still 18, the day we met. I married above my station and I am not sorry.

There is something to be said for sticking with something for a long time. At first, we try to control it. Often we quit at that stage because we cannot control our "project." If we stick around a while longer, it often takes control of us. Note that there is a lot of struggle so far and not a lot of bliss.

But then, the mist clears and no one gives a damn about controlling anything. The reward: love as we always imagined it.

This process works for marriage, child-rearing, recovery, weight loss, career, faith, hobby, talent, you name it.

The sooner we all let go, the sooner life in abundance shows up. I like life in abundance. Strive for the long haul. Practice letting go.

FYI, Jesus let go of control 2,000 years ago.

Christine, thank you. I love you.








No comments:

Post a Comment