Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blue Screen of Death

I started the New Year with the "blue screen of death." For those uninitiated, that is the screen that comes up saying your computer won't start and you are in deep doo doo. It will take time, money and, I am sure, frustration to get my laptop back to working. I am sure my files will be wiped out.

 

When God sends the "blue screen of death" into our lives, do we know it when we see it? God tells us in many places (not the least of which is Galatians 3:19-21) that there is a "blue screen" if we will pay attention.  Paul even rubs our nose in it, saying the "blue screen" is obvious. I quote – "sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties." In other words, the "blue screens" are "it's all about me" activities that are relationship busters.

 

When the "blue screen" comes up on my computer, I can either ditch it or fix it. When I see the "blue screen" in my life, I need to do the same. Yet, how often do we get defensive or claim we don't have the money or it will take too long to correct our "blues screens?" So we plod along, unwilling to do for our lives what we would do for our computers. "when see the "blue screen" in our life, we need to repair our life and Jesus Christ will do just that. We can change that and thrive, if we want the good life. We return to Christ as Lord (boss.)

 

Lord, remind me that the good life is not found in making the world do my bidding but in relationship building service to others

No comments:

Post a Comment