Sunday, January 10, 2010

New

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"

Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Revelation 21:5 (NIV)


I forget that God makes things new. I always ask him to fix what is broken. But God has something far superior in mind. Something completely new.

 

I think we spend a lot of time and energy trying to return to a "better" state, a time and place when we think life was in the sweet spot. Probably, it was a good time for us. Yet, I cannot go back. You cannot either. Plus yearning for the past keeps us from grasping the "new thing" God is doing.

 

I somehow think I can conjure up a blissful scenario on my own that can surpass God's "new thing." I prefer the illusion I can imagine to the reality God is working towards that is mine if I will let go. He is doing a new thing. I recycle old ones. As good as they may have been, I can only patch them up. God transforms the old into the "never yet seen."

 

Probably good I am not God. You also. We would have to live on a diet of leftovers. Let go. Let God do his best stuff. Scan your horizon for new things. Be open to the unexpected ferrying you to the unimaginable.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment