Monday, April 26, 2010

I Love My Church

 

I encourage you to view this video. http://vimeo.com/10345604. I am going to North Point Community Church in early May. They are live with God's Spirit. Other churches are alive as well. I have tried to learn from them. They are fun and faithful places to be. For all the bells and whistles, for all the formality or informality, one thing seems to stand out at these "alive" churches. They love to serve.

 

By "love," I mean that the people truly see service as a way to spread Christ's love and to be spiritually fed at the same time. You will not hear, "I'm just a volunteer" or "I have to do this" or "I was guilted into this." Service is service to Christ and that's an honor. "No show's" are few because people really want to serve.

 

In Philippians chapter 2, we learn that Jesus didn't shun service even when he could have stayed all nice and cozy in Heaven. In 1st Corinthians 12, we learn that everyone is shaped for service. We all benefit when servers serve in their "zone." We all hurt when servers choose to sit on the sidelines. Service is at the heart of life and joy because God made it that way. (Click the links and read the scripture. Have you read any scripture today?)

 

Do you know how you are shaped to serve? Do you have a servant's heart? Is your church alive and life-giving, overflowing with servers? Do you love your church?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment