Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Life Story

Life Story

 

How is your life story going? No, not your life. Rather the story line you keep in your head about how your life is going to go. My life story never seems to get much traction. My real story gets in the way.  

 

My life story is filled with triumphs, bravery, poignancy, truth, deep friendships, humor and wellness for everyone. I have it all plotted out. If you think about it, I bet you do, too.

 

My real story includes a mom dying at a young age, 2 bouts of unemployment, betrayal by people I trusted, aches in the morning-a plethora of daily pills-partial loss of sight in one eye, and an irrelevance that gains momentum with age. Oh, and gravity is particularly pesky! Life would not follow my script.

 

I choose God for a number of reasons. One of which is the fact that the God of Jesus is a master at rewriting scripts so that, no matter what, he wants our story to end well. Now, I do have to pay attention to God or I will substitute my plot points for his. He wants life for me but I must will his guiding hand. God has rewoven my real story in such a way that my failures and defeats are claimed in a positive way and my successes are even sweeter.

 

Upon reflection (do we ever take time to reflect?,) I see that God has always been there editing my script with a mind to my ending.

 

Thanks, God.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment