Sunday, November 13, 2011

S'up?

Does God show up when you need God? Does he supply you with a timely response to your requests? Many times, I ask, no beg, for our Lord to give me insight or permission or to rescue me or, at least, to provide me with a way out that I can blame him for if it blows up.

There may be a number of reasons for the silence.

I am not ready for an answer. I need to mature first. Some "next steps" require preparation. I need to look at myself.

I want to move contrary to Scripture. I know better but would like a "pass" on this one. God cannot be at odds with himself. I want to ignore the bigger picture (my well-being and the well-being of others) God sees to wander into the gratification I want now. I need to look beyond myself.

God's leaving it up to me. Often, the will of God is not a single path but any path that is faithful. We stress about getting it right when all of our considered paths get the nod from God. We falsely assume that there is only one right way. I need to trust myself.

Are you waiting on God for something? Maybe, you need to move first.



No comments:

Post a Comment