Monday, December 12, 2011

Connected

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;

for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NRSV)

 

So, this is what God's will is! I have fried my brain trying to discern what in the world God wants of me and here it is. Hiding in plain sight. Rejoice. Pray. Give thanks. And do it all the time. Oh.

 

Well, this will take a change in strategy. While I do all of these things most days, I never thought of them as comprising a lifestyle. God's will for me is to adopt a better lifestyle than the one I choose (maybe I more accurately should say "the one a default to.")

 

If I truly build my day around God, I would be joying for being loved unconditionally, praying to keep in touch with the One who loves me so much and giving thanks for God continuing to resurrect my deadest moments.

 

Truth is, I start my day having it be pretty much all about me. As a result, I focus on what is lacking. I have adopted a "lacking" lifestyle. I shoehorn God in when the moment arises. God's desire for me is a "connected" lifestyle. One where I am connected to God each moment of each day. God's will is that I stay connected.

 

How is your connection?





No comments:

Post a Comment