Saturday, December 24, 2011

Less with More

I admit it; I drink a lot of Diet Coke. I picked up my 20 ounce pick-me-up the other day. Lighter. Hmm. 16 ounces, same price. Even Coca Cola wants me to "do more with less." It seems that everyone and everywhere is cutting back trying to make ends meet. Everyone except God.

God's mantra has always been, "do less with more." In this case, the "more" is the abundant life Christ offers. When we embrace that life, we shed all the things we surround ourselves with but fail to deliver life. Hence, the shedding leads to less.

The birth of Christ was God's way of saying, "I see your ends are not meeting. Let me make up the difference."

Post-Christmas housecleaning. Let go of what keeps you from Christ. Then embrace him in every facet of your life. Do less with more. It is much more satisfying.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy,
and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment