Friday, December 2, 2011

Where?

"From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."  Mark 13:28-31

I suspect that "when all hell breaks loose" in our lives, we ask, "Why?" A better, more Biblical question might be to ask, "Where?" As in, "Where are you in all this, Lord?"

The lesson above, from the Gospel from the First Sunday in Advent, has Jesus speaking of miserable things to come. Yet, in the midst of this, he says he is coming as well.

When "all hell breaks loose" in my life, I too readily assume that God is gone and I am being punished. Truth is, some days life sucks and we are getting a fair share of it and God is there with us (the meaning of Emmanuel,) offering an exodus, a life.

Watch. Wait. Prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment