Saturday, December 24, 2011

Waiting

It is Christmas Eve I am at the church early to make sure the "little things" that should be done when one expects guests are done. They seem to be. So I wait.

We, as a culture, aren't much good at waiting. I am raising my hand as well. There must be something to do. Waiting is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. Surely, we are meant to be active and not wait. It turns out that, if I fill all the times with my actions, noble though they me be, I leave no room for God to act. God always acts in our favor.

Maybe I'll wait. How about you?
  
Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer
waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. James 5:7 (NIV)

it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:26 (NIV)

Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will avenge you. Proverbs 20:22 (NIV)

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1 (NIV)

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment