Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reboot

Okay, new experience. I had to reboot the microwave. In these days of endless computerize gadgets; rebooting is part of my daily routine. Reboot the Kindle, the computer, the laptop, the copier, the printer, my BlackBerry and, now, the microwave.

Rebooting my stuff is a natural part of my day. I don't put it off. I don't say I don't have the time. Might swear a little but I press on.

My life needs a daily rebooting as well. I wander off track if left to my own devices. Self-centeredness takes over. The time I allot to God seem puny next to the time I engage electronically. I need to reboot my life each day and I only can do this by a daily purposeful encounter with God.  "Wretched man that I am (Romans 7:24.")

God, help me reboot. Help me come home to you each day.

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
   and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:11



No comments:

Post a Comment