Friday, February 17, 2012

Choice

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.… But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15 (NIV)

Where did the day go? Have you said that? I have.

If I do not deliberately and systematically create space for God (read, knock off for a bit,) I will have chosen to serve all the other gods of my day. They are not a bad lot but are no match for God. And none love me back. No matter how much I SAY I love God, my actions speak otherwise. I SERVE what is fun, expedient, pressing, loud, flashy, and what makes me look good. Angry Birds-30 minutes, God – zip.

This is a choice, as Joshua says. We choose to serve God or we don't.

Who will you choose to serve this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment