Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mad

I'm mad. Yes, priests get mad. I'm hanging onto it. I might even sublet. Rotten things have piled up as they sometimes do and I don't like it. I don't want it. Why, Lord?

 

God replies, "Are you done?"

 

Easy for God to say. He/She is there. I'm here.

 

Loads of folks say, "God will never give you more than you can handle." But is that scriptural? Even if it is, I want what I want, not what I can handle.

 

Yet "mad" changes nothing and it is a terrible state to be in (it turns to depression if we let it marinate too long.)

 

Here is what God says,

 

Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (TEV)

 

Okay, my way doesn't work. I'm with you, God. Let's move on. I know you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment