- Nothing can replace one's integrity. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it. When you can't figure out what's right, do what you think your Mom would want you to do.
- Get lost in community, because when you do, you will find who you truly are.
- Don't be afraid to take risks or dream big, because when you just take the easy road, you end up not going very far. Don't think you can always succeed, because when you fail as you sometimes will, you might just give up.
- Be aware of your actions, because what you do on earth will live on well past your life; be a good parent, because your kids are going to inherit that world.
- Be loyal to a fault, but don't be blinded by that. Once you figure this one out, you will be ready for heaven.
I found these really on-the-mark. #2 is one I knew but could never articulate well. Many people get lost in isolation and rely on others to tell them who they are. It is literally depressing.
Do you embrace any or all of these as if your life depended on it? It probably does. What would you add?