Monday, September 24, 2012

Right



Everyone has strong opinions in this election cycle. Even to the point of claiming “being right,” which seems to translate into “I don’t need to listen to you.” Lies abound (yes, I know people don’t think stretching the truth is a lie.)
   
The problem with this is that we get nowhere. Huge problems are kicked down the road for someone else to deal with. Real people suffer.

Jesus didn’t judge. He listened. He asked us not to rush to judgment. Jesus commanded us to love. He did not ask us to be right (we flunked that test many millennia before Christ.) Love values relationships and is quick to forgive and admit fault. Love does not lie.

I wonder what our days would be like if we said, “Tell me more” or “I don’t know” or “Let me think about that.”

Take the pressure off yourself and others. Be loving today.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment