Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Be Still

Maybe it's me. But there seems to be more murders, financial woes, and relational crap in the air lately. Part of human nature is to watch the train wrecks. Over and over. Blood sells news. Sex sells news. Woe sells news. Must be our fallen nature.


I find I must purposefully and skillfully cut myself off from this. My feet are firmly planted on the ground. But I am a child of Eternity. My destination is God and, as Julian of Norwich said, "And all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."


Part of my spiritual walk is to refocus during the day on things eternal. That is, where I am ultimately headed and who ultimately loves me. This world is the penultimate.


Take time today to step into eternity. Be still and let God. Yes, I know stillness is tough but, like eating your Brussels sprouts, it is an acquired taste. You can cultivate the habit. No really, you can!


Be still. Eternity awaits. And it beats the 6 o'clock news.

No comments:

Post a Comment