Monday, October 31, 2011

One in 7 Billion

The world population reached the 7 billion-mark on Halloween.  That's a lot of people. 50 children are born a minute in India. I am feeling a little insignificant.

Now, my Father in Heaven weighs in.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  
Psalm 139:14 (NIV)

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
   before you were born I set you apart;
   I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)

We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
Romans 12:6a (NIV)

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2:9 (NIV)

We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

Thanks. I feel better.

I am special with a special mission. I can make order out of chaos. I see the big picture. At times, I have a prophetic voice. I have teaching gifts. I love adventure and new things. I am not afraid to change.  Oh, and a host of not so special traits. All God-given.

What makes you special? You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment