Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vindication


Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the LORD without wavering. Prove me, O LORD, and try me; test my heart and my mind.  For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness.

Psalm 26:1-3 ESV

One definition of the word vindicate is "to set free." Most of us are guilty of stuff and need forgiveness. But what about when we do right?  Someone once said, "No good deed goes unpunished." What about the times we suffer for doing what's right. Other people's opinions or judgment can be a prison. God will liberate us from that. Ask. Trust.

Today, play to an audience of one: God. If the opportunity presents itself, free another person who has done right at great cost with your support. You are God's liberating proxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment