Monday, July 12, 2010

100%

God's voice is still and quiet and easily buried under an avalanche of clamor. Charles Stanley

 

The world is noisy. At least, my world is noisy. I bet yours is too. I did not ask for most of the noise. In fact, I often bemoan the fact that there is so much of it. Blackberry's, TV, internet, kids, grandkids, news, friends, church, school, sports, iPod, government, infomercials, shopping. I'm swamped.

 

But I do have more control than I will admit. I will never stop the noise. In fact, the world most like will only get noisier. But I can opt out. Say, "no." Just stay away. Turn off.  Not buy. Plan ahead. Choose wisely. Ask for help. Be content where I am. Stop.

 

God is found in a "stop." God never barges in. God even let's us ignore him. And God is the only "noise" that 100% cares only for our wellbeing. 100%. And God fulfills all promises. The government doesn't. Extracurricular activities don't. Even family and church don't.

 

May you find the fortitude to tune out some things today and tune in God. Remember, 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment