Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thumbs

The president's job performance rating went down today. He can't even get a 9.5 like in the Olympics. Just "good" or "bad." A bunch of us were polled and gave him a thumbs up or down. My guess is that I would give him a thumbs down if I am unhappy with my state of affairs. Glad I don't have his job. My mom told me that I was responsible for my own happiness but it is more fun to blame others. I like casting my thumbs up or down. No sweat of my back. Plus, no one is looking at me when we are judging another.

 

That got me to thinking. I wonder what God would say about my "job performance rating" as a follower of his Son? I doubt I'd get a Siskel and Ebert "2 Thumbs Up." I plod through life thinking I'm "good enough." I know God loves me unconditionally but I also know that God is free not to like what I do. That mercy/justice thing.

 

What would God say about your performance as a follower of his Son? I'll ask about my own as well. Casting judgment on others (blaming) is a national pastime. Before I do that, I best consider my own performance.




No comments:

Post a Comment