Thursday, July 15, 2010

How Many?

Oh, great. I just found out that there are 49 of me in the U.S. Per http://howmanyofme.com, there are 49 James Liberatore's. I have trouble just managing one. Not to mention that but I though I was pretty special. 1/49th does not sound special.

 

How many of us do that? Compare ourselves with standards OUTSIDE ourselves to gauge our worth as a person. The world's standard is a bit defeating. God's is not. Yet we often persist measuring ourselves by the world's standard.

 

First off, if the Cross says anything, it says, "Measure <put your name here> by me, Jesus Christ. Christ becomes our measure once we accept him. He saw that we were weak so he stepped in. My full measure is Jesus! Not bad. Take that howmanyofme.com!

 

Here what else God says about you and me.

 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful, I know that full well.    Psalm 139:14 (NIV)

 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone,

       the new has come!                            2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)

 

 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them….God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.                        Genesis 1:27 and 31 (NIV)


When God sees you, he sees a child of infinite worth and who he loves beyond comprehension. He puts your drawings on his refrigerator. He brags about you to the hosts of heaven (whoever they are.)
Not bad. Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment