Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bothered

Bothered

 

Sometimes, God bothers me. Just when I think I have "it" figured out, God throws a scriptural curve. I am rethinking what God thinks about the folks Christians seem to like to put on the "outside" of the tent (as it were.) What do you think? I hope you are bothered, too. My mind and heart are in flux. I think God is bigger than anything I can think or feel about God. In the end, I have to lean of God and not my own wits (or the wits of others.) No easy task but I'm game.

 

You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being. (I suspect God cares about his stuff, including people) Revelation 4:11

 

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (I know Jesus is talking to the disciples but what's "many rooms" about?) John 14:1-4

 

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (Evidently, I have much work to so before I brand others) Matthew 7:5

 

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. (What? Another "pen?" Where? Who?) John 10:16

 

Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. (Hey, that could include a lot of people) Acts 10:34-35

1 comment: