Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Judge

If you judge people, you have not time to love them. - Mother Teresa

 

The other day, I was in the doctor's waiting room. It was packed. I hated it. I looked around, trying to figure who really didn't need to be there. I went down the line, passing judgment on each one.

 

I did not judge if they were "God-worthy." No going to hell stuff. I judged if they were "Jim-waiting-room-worthy." You there have a funny smile that lasts a little too long. You there will not look at your wife when you talk to here. You there are spoiling that kid. And where in the world did you get the memo that THAT OUTFIT was appropriate for a doctor's visit? And so on.

 

I was pathetic. I was mad and I sent everyone away as a result. Off with their heads! I caught myself. I was ashamed. I began to pray for them instead.

 

Who needs your love today without your judgment?







No comments:

Post a Comment